Door designs, whether a swing-type or a sliding one needs extra care and attention during installation.
Of course, a well installed door will be free from water leaks and function troubles.
Moreover, it will function for a long period of time without causing extra repair issues.
As an owner, it is in our best interests to know how these doors function and the process of installation.
The installation will depend on the type and model of the door.
Thus, the process of installing a door will be easy with the right tools and knowledge.
So, it is best to team up with L.A. Best Sliders Repair to mend all door installations and repairs.
Here are a few tips on when to have the doors installed and re-checked.
It is best to follow these tips to avoid further damages on the door during the installation process.
One – Preparing the Rough Opening
Before doing anything, we need to measure the rough-ins and jamb openings.
With this, we will be able to have a door that fits the measurements.
The door needs to be 2-inches shorter on the width and 2-½ inches shorter on its length.
Meaning, these allowances enable the door to move freely and effectively.
Basically, we have to make sure that we can install the door frame within the measured rough-ins.
Here’s a quick tip for every rough-in installation and checking:
- Before installing the door jamb or the door, we need to make sure that the rough-ins is ready for any door work.
A leveled and a plumped rough-in can make any work easier.
- Make sure that the sub sill is in its best position.
If not, use a level bar or wooden shims to fix the issue.
- Place a board on the door area to make sure that its rough-ins are in the right size.
- Remove the door set from its packaging carefully.
Avoiding dents and scratches will make the process faster.
- Call a certified technician from a trusted company in repair.
Slide door installations and repairs are best at L.A. Best Sliders Repair.
Two – Door Installation Process
Garage door installation will no longer be an issue if we team up with the best in L.A..
As an owner, it is just right to know the installation process to observe how things happen.
Installing the door frame and door takes a lot of effort and time.
It is right to call a reliable installer from L.A. Best Sliders Repair
Here is the door installation process:
- Prepare and install door brackets on the jamb.
- Lift the door carefully and level it with the door jamb.
Make sure to put some shims on the floor to avoid issues on the installation.
- Start at the bottom.
Carefully, lift the door and place it where it belongs on the door jamb.
It is best to avoid dents and cracks on the door during the process.
- Use a nail to level the door with the hinges on the jamb.
Once leveled, place the nails or screws on the hinge and connect it.
- Note: Never drive or embed the nails deep into the hinges.
Three – Leveling and the Final Process
Before we proceed, it is ideal to check every nook and cranny of the newly installed door.
Sliding door repair and installation are affordable.
It is best to keep the door free from any damage.
- In the installation process, it is ideal to keep the leveled with the help of the shims.
- Place a wooden shim on the hinges of the door.
With this, the door will move on the hinges to give us a perfect connection with the shims and door.
- Adjust both shims and door jamb to have a leveled door.
Also, check the constant gap between the door and the edges of our doors.
- Check every source of a force and have a new door installed that is free from any door issues.
- Secure the jambs by using 3” inches on where the hinges are.
- Note: Installation of screws and nails play an important role in the process.
Of course, it is best to leave the job to those with ample knowledge of the installation process.